Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Release 001

Shoegazing Is Bullshit EP

Tracklist:
Organ Party!!!!
Another Late Night
Family Gathering
September (October Version)
Shoegazing Is Bullshit
I Felt Your Grape
Japan Bonus Track

All Songs by His Disconess, except "I Felt Your Grape" - orgininally performed by The Microphones" as "I Felt Your Shape"
Helpful Hands: Jade Ficarra (vocals on "I Felt Your Grape")

This is my first album as The Toad Disco. Shoegazing Is Bullshit was an utter bitch to make due to my lack of proper recording equipment at the time. Using the recording feature on a tiny off-brand mp3 player, Windows sound recorder (for much guess-work mixing), a demo version of FL Studio, and whatever instruments I had lying around, I was able to focus my energy into documenting the after-effects of my life-changing Summer of 2006. The sounds on Shoegazing Is Bullshit are varied: from off-kilter folk tunes ("Another Late Night") and cheesey synth warm-ups (Organ Party!!!!"), to noise freak-outs ("Shoegazing Is Bullshit") and second-rate IDM stylings ("Japan Bonus Track") . Shoegazing Is Bullshit is a decent teaser to what lies ahead.

Download: http://www.sendspace.com/file/u64cpp

No comments: